I'm her Hume Cronyn, she my Jessica Tandy

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Everything is everything

Yesterday's agenda:
HAVE CONVERSATIONS WITH THREE STRANGERS. Submitted by a guy sitting on a stoop at 3 a.m. on my walk home from the Union St. R train station.

#1: 6 year old I went ice-skating with yesterday (part of a camp class from Berkeley Carroll).

kid: Help me, lady!
me: Here, hold my hand!
kid: (frustrated) I can't even do this!
me: You're getting better and better. Keep trying.
kid: My legs won't stand!
me: Here, I'm going to hold you up.
both: AAAAAAAAAAGH!
kid: We fell on our butts!
me: Ha ha ha!


#2: Guy on a bench in front of Ozzie's coffee.

guy: It's gonna storm tonight.
me: Yeah.
guy: I can't find my umbrella. I think I left it at my sister's house.
me: I think I left mine at a movie.
guy: Movies are so expensive now.
me: Yeah.