I'm her Hume Cronyn, she my Jessica Tandy

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Francie

Tuesday's Adventure...

CALL ME, submitted by Francie Ellis, 9 year old future fourth grader. Who kindly provided me with at least 10 copies of her phone number so that I could complete this request.

(sound of phone being dropped, squealing, boy yelling)
francie: hello?
me: hey francie, it's Ms. Sarah!
Francie: Ms. Sarah, Ms. Sarah! Where have you been my whole life?
me: Francie, I've been loving summer. Do you love the summer?
Francie: Yeah. We went to the beach last weekend.
Me: Nice.
Francie: Guess what my new obsession is.
Me: Gray wolves.
Francie: MS. SARAH, I haven't been obsessed with wolves for a long time (editor's note: she was still talking about them when school ended in June!)! I really like weasels now. Do you want to be in the weasel fan club?
Me: Sure.
Francie: Alright, I'll make you an ID card. What color weasel do you want on your card?
Me: What do you recommend?
Francie: Ummm...I think I'll give you a...white one.
Me: Great.
Francie: Well, my brother is still driving me CRAZY.
Me: Just remember what I told you about having no reaction. That works a lot.
Francie: Yeah, but not ALL the time.
Me: Hopefully, you know, Jonah will grow up and mature a little in the next couple years. He's only 7.
Francie: I want to sell him for about 50 cents! No, 10 cents!
Me: My little brother turned out to be great. I think yours will too.
Francie: Did you see _Two brothers_?
Me: Nope.
Francie: Did you see Spiderman 2?
Me: Yeah, I liked it!
Francie: Me too! OK...pick a color.
Me: Um, yellow.
Francie: OK, on the chart I made, that means your husband is going to be a cook. And you're going to die of cancer!
Me: Oh...ok!
Francie: And you're going to have 3 children. Do you like apple pie?
Me: I do.
Francie: My mom and I made an apple pie together. It was really good.
Me: Mmmmmmm.